THE CUSTOM HOME BUILDING PROCESS
The Pahlisch Homes Custom Home Building Process is more than just steps to get to a finished home. It represents over 30 years of history in blending a high level of experience, award-winning design and a long-term commitment to homeowner care. All of those elements working together to make the process one that puts your needs, tastes and lifestyle at the forefront of every decision.
The process is broken down into 7 steps that have been designed to give each customer a map to the ultimate target, their custom home dream.
STEP 1 - INITIAL MEETING
The initial meeting will take place at the Pahlisch Homes office with the prospective homeowner, their agent (if applicable) and our custom home team. The areas that will be covered in that meeting will be:
- Pahlisch Homes history and building philosophy.
- A detailed explanation of the custom home building process.
- A review of the client's location choice and/or requirements.
- The beginning discussions of the clients home design criteria.
- A discussion about budget and financing options.
STEP 2 - KNOWING THE LAND
Once the location has been chosen, the client and our team will begin the evaluation process of the land paying special attention to home placement, views, natural landscaping, and the overall difficulty that the topography may bring to the build process. After all of these things have been discussed and all parties are in agreement to move forward, we will advise the client to purchase the land (if they don't already own it) and move on to the next stages in the process.
STEP 3 - DESIGN DISCOVERY
During the design discovery stage, our team will work with the client to bring their thoughts and dreams to a visual reality. This stage can vary in length depending on the size of the home and the uniqueness of the design. The areas of concentration that will take place in this stage are:
- Initial meeting with our design lead to understand design needs and wishes along with understand the lifestyle of the client.
- Our design team will then develop a conceptual plan and have a review session with the client.
- Once the conceptual plan is approved, it will be finalized with specifications and a price will be developed.
STEP 4 - PREPARING ON PAPER
This is the stage in which commitment is made by both Pahlisch Homes and the client. That commitment takes shape in the following form:
- Signed contracts and earnest money deposits.
- Finalizing financing and plan appraisals.
- Construction drawings get completed and signed off on.
- The city/county permitting process is entered into and approved.
- Neighborhood architectural review process is entrained into and approved (if applicable)
- All initial financing is put into place to begin the build.
STEP 5 - COLORS AND CHOICES
During this stage, the design team will guide the client through the selection process. This is where the client starts to bring together the interior and exterior features of the home. The colors, flooring, cabinets, and everything else that represents the clients tastes will be decided on and ordered for the appropriate install time.
STEP 6 - TAKING SHAPE
Clients will begin to enjoy seeing their home take shape as they witness the different stages of construction. Those stages include:
- Lot Clearing
- Wall Finishes
- Interior/Exterior Finishes
- Fixture Installation
- Total Home Completion
Our custom home team will meet with the client on a regular basis throughout the stages of construction to ensure there is clear communication.
STEP 7 - MOVE-IN & BEYOND
Before we turn the home over to our clients we make sure they go through a new home orientation with a member of the Pahlisch Homes Homeowner Care Team. That will be a time where the client is introduced to their new home and will get a clear understanding of how the home functions along with how to care for it throughout the different seasons.
Beyond that, the homeowner care team is committed to a long term relationship with all of our homeowners in order that each client can rest assured that they will be taken care of for years to come.